Big News

Jamal Khashoggi kin deny getting payout from Saudi Arabia

The family of murdered Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi denied a report that they had received money from the kingdom’s royal family as compensation for the death of their father.

His son, Salah Khashoggi, posted a statement on Twitter Wednesday saying no one has been authorized to speak for the family and praised Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who the CIA has concluded with “high confidence” was behind Khashoggi’s killing last October.

“The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman are considered and regarded as guardians to all Saudis. Acts of generosity and humanity come from the high moral grounds they possess, not admission of guilt or scandal,” Salah Khashoggi said in the statement, adding “no settlement discussion had been or is discussed.”

The Washington Post, which employed Khashoggi as a columnist, reported last week that the slain journalist’s family were given million-dollar homes in the kingdom and five-figure monthly payments as compensation for the killing of their father.

The newspaper cited former Saudi officials and people close to the family.

“There are no friends or consultants or any third party authorized to speak on our behalf or claim to be a source of information except us, Jamal’s children and Mr. Motasem Khashoggi our attorney,” Salah Khashoggi said.

He went on to say that people are eager to get news about his father and the family will be “sharing developments as soon as they are legally admissible and allowed.”

Salah Khashoggi said those who carried out his father’s killing will be brought to justice and encouraged anyone with information to come forward.

“Assisting in justice is a holy and good act that can only be met with respect and admiration. We believe with such pure and honest acts and intentions that Jamal Khashoggi and his family truly obtain justice,” he said in the statement.

Jamal Khashoggi, whose writings were highly critical of the crown prince, disappeared after entering the Saudi embassy in Istanbul on Oct. 2.

Turkish officials have said a team of Saudi agents killed him.

Mohammed bin Salman has denied any involvement.



Source link

Related posts

American man first to solo across Antarctica unaided

admin

Building collapses in Marseille, no word on casualties

admin

Autopsy of girl who died in border patrol custody released

admin

ICE force-feeding detainees on hunger strike in Texas

admin

Subpoenas issued for James Comey and Loretta Lynch

admin

Couple takes in 93-year-old WWII vet who escaped Camp Fire

admin

Leave a Comment

Learn about the dangers of menstrual cups . La marcatura laser su metallo permette di incidere su questo materiale in modo indelebile, con un risultato che non sarebbe ottenibile con altri sistemi 3a074b3ca5c6b15df8c72658184d962b27de579e 259f67d715eb9f899acfd02a2395fdb6a2302134